NOW CATERING TO 2-5 YEARS
We are so excited to announce that our Junior Hands-On session now caters to a wider age range (2-5 year olds). Our format has changed slightly as we are now offering an open drop-in from 11-12pm. Sessions are still offered at the same price because we believe in making learning fun and accessible.
The session will still include all the same activities as before but will now allow your toddler/preschooler to move between the explore stations for longer and have some free playtime for the last 15 minutes.
Junior Hands-ON 2-5 years
Who is it for and what is covered?
Junior Hands-On is an interactive experience for parents, toddlers and preschoolers aged 2-5 years. Each session offers an opportunity for parents to nurture their child’s development in five key learning areas (described below), through a medium of song, rhyme, role play, movement and sensory exploration.
Junior Hands-On sessions also have a specific activity each week to promote school readiness.
We explore two different themes each term.
The key learning areas:
- Junior language development: delight as your child's words flow and their comprehension grows.
- Junior fine motor and gross motor development: get both large and small muscle groups working to aid in coordination that is vital through out life.
- Junior social and emotional well being: engage with your child and continue to develop their resilience and a strong sense of self.
- Junior creativity and imagination: engage your child’s senses and develop their imagination and creative expression.
- Junior problem solving and early maths skills: combine maths fun into your child’s everyday life.
What to expect at each session?
Upon arrival at Junior Hands-On you will be invited to find a spot in the Hands-On circle. Here you will find:
- A spot to sit with your child.
- Printed words for our unique Welcome and Goodbye songs.
Sessions are broken into three parts:
- Hands-On circle time - focusing on songs, rhymes, role play and movement
- Hands-On explore - focusing on sensory exploration, fine motor, gross motor and self-help with something new every week.
- Hands-On story time- focusing on a simple book that ties in with our current theme. We read a new one each week.
- Hands-On Free play
The objectives of each session
- We want parents to leave every session feeling empowered to take home the fun.
- We want toddlers to be engaged, excited and eager to return.
Sessions require a minimum of 4 children to run. If the minimum number is not reached we may have to cancel. If this occurs you will be offered the choice of a full refund or credited the exact amount to use for an alternative session.
Book a session
Book a one-off, fun outing for you and your toddler.
Flexi 5 x pass
Buy a five session pass that gives you the flexibility to fit in with your toddler's changing schedule.
Flexi 10 x pass
Best value! Book a ten session pass and look forward to coming each and every week!